A letter to my son:
I cannot believe you are almost a year old! This has been the most magical year of my entire life! Even tho you have only been here for a short while it already impossible for me to imagine my life without you in it. You have taught me so much & while I will never be able to explain just how much you have changed my life, I wanted to take the time to thank you for some of the lessons you have taught me.
- Smile at strangers, it will brighten anyone’s day
- Some of the best communication involves no words at all
- You should let people know when they’ve made you mad – but don’t stay mad because it will ruin all the fun
- When you’re learning something new always give 100% effort otherwise you will never really know if you’re good at it
- When trying a new food just go ahead & take a big bite! If you don’t like it – just spit it right back out HAHAHA!
- There is no wrong time to break out in a silly song & dance together – who cares if anyone is watching
- People will make assumptions about you no matter what you look like but that doesn’t define you in any way
- Always be open to learning something new & get excited about it
- Greet the day with an open heart & mind
- Snuggle – always make time to snuggle
- Books truly come to life when you read them together
- If something makes you happy – let the world know you’re happy!
- If you’re struggling with something let someone know so they can help you overcome your obstacle – there is no shame in asking for help
- Don’t compare yourself to others – you will grow & learn exactly the way you’re supposed to in your own perfect time
- Just because something may be difficult at first doesn’t mean you should give up
- If you are sad or if something hurts you – cry – don’t worry if anyone else sees you – experiencing that emotion is nothing to be ashamed of
- It’s not a terrible idea to give someone a good, hard look before deciding if you want to befriend them
- Be confident with your body! It’s an amazing gift!
- If you’re sorry for your actions – the best apology is a heartfelt hug
- If you’re having a bad day – take a nap – it can fix a lot of things
Such a short list to sum up such an amazing adventure! You make the world more beautiful just by be being in it. I love you with all my heart & I am blessed beyond measure that I get to be your Mommy!